Table of Contents
Last Updated: 18 November 2021
Motion Control Systems CC is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any Information about yourself. But sometimes we do need Information to provide services that you request, and this Privacy Statement explains data collection and use in those situations.
Please read the complete Motion Control Systems CC Privacy Statement.
Compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013
2. Limitation on Processing
3. Purpose Specification
4. Further Processing Limitation
5. Information Quality
7. Security Safeguards
8. Data Subject Participation
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For our web server to function properly, the following log data is required
Cookie consent logs.
The retention period for logs is no longer than three months.
These log files contain
- Your IP Address
- Your User Agent (Which describes your browser and Operating System)
- The resources you request from the server
- Date and Time of the request
- Referrer (How you were directed to our site)
This data usually cannot identify a person, however when combined with other data it can possibly lead to the identification of a person. Therefore we treat this data as Personal Information and secure it appropriately.
Only authorized people have access to this data and the data is required for legitimate purpose of security and providing the service to you.
The log data is purged when it is no longer required.
See “Use of Your Personal Information” for how we may use this log data for security purposes.
An IP address is required for the web server to return the resources you request from it. If you wish to opt-out and/or hide your personal IP address, please use a VPN service.
Client Side Analytics
We use the following Client Side analytics:
Yes, SEO analytics.
This collects further information and metrics about how our users interact with our web site, so we can improve our website and service.
On publicly available webpages, this Information is anonymized and identified only by a unique number and cannot be linked to your personal information.
If you are accessing private/authenticated parts of the website (logged in to purchase from the shop, or to use our services) unique identifiers might be used/required in the URL to provide our service, as part of our terms and agreements.
Cookies are text files with small amount of data. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your device.
There are different types of cookies, the main categories are:
- Session Cookies
- These are set by the website owner (These are also First Party Cookies)
- These are temporary cookies that remain active only while you remain browsing the website for your current session, and will be removed when you close the website
- Examples: These provide services such as remembering what items you have added to your shopping cart
- First Party / Persistent / Permanent Cookies
- These are set by the website owner
- However, unlike Session Cookies, these Cookies remain on the device beyond the active session
- They should not be a requirement, but legitimate use should provide enhanced usability and convenience
- They are created with an expiration date, which can vary with the Cookie but according to most privacy laws they should not exceed 12 months
- Examples: Persisting authentication and site preferences across multiple sessions
- User should be able to opt-out of these cookies
- Third Party / Marketing Cookies
- These are not set by the website owner
- These are set by embedding components from a 3rd party (such as advertisements, chat service, social media, video)
- These are the Cookies causing the most privacy concerns – as they can be used to track a users habits, behaviors, interests
- Examples: Advertisers can use these to provide targeted ads
- Analytics Cookies
- Generally set by Analytics software (these are also Third Party Cookies)
- Should not personally identify users
- They provide the website owner with metrics on how the website is being used and its performance, allowing the website owner to improve the website and service it provides
- Example: Google Analytics
- User should be able to opt-out of these Cookies
- Malicious Cookies
- These should not be set by the website owner
- They remain or are recreated on the device after Cookies have been cleared
Motion Control Systems CC uses the following Cookies:
The cookies are used in order to track user interaction on the website.
You are also able to anytime remove Cookies from your device, by clearing your Browser Cookies.
If you opt-out or choose to not have your browser accept cookies from Motion Control Systems CC, you will be able to view our website, however you might experience limited functionality nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the site.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Motion Control Systems CC uses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
This information will be used to do credit checks on potential customers, allow the company to trace debtors who default on their accounts and be provided to the Regulator upon legal request.
The company also needs the information from employees in order to be compliant with SARS and other legal obligations.
The company uses suppliers' personal information to make payments to them and ensure the correct supplier has been paid. Also to ensure correct company registration and VAT numbers are used in order to claim the input VAT on purchases.
For security purposes, the log data works as a forensic trail if our website is breached, hacked, or misused in any way.
Here are some ways that log data can be used for security purposes:
- To determine the date, time, and location of a breach
- To ascertain the identity of a hacker or offender
- To prevent access to our systems of such a hacker or offender
- To identify weaknesses in security and protection measures
- To monitor security and create alert systems in the event of any unauthorized intrusion
In some limited-entry sections of Motion Control Systems CC, with your approval, we will combine site-visitation data with your Personal Information in order to provide you with personalised content. If you decline permission, we will not provide you the personalised service and won’t merge your Personal Information with site-visitation data.
Motion Control Systems CC may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-Faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Motion Control Systems CC or the site;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Motion Control Systems CC and its family of Websites; or
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Motion Control Systems CC employees, users of our products or services, or members of the Public.
CONTROL AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you register, or otherwise give us Personal Information, Motion Control Systems CC will not share that Information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed above.
Motion Control Systems CC may send out periodic transactional e-mails informing you of technical service or security issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming that you requested a product or service. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
Motion Control Systems CC is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current, and to determine what Personal Information Motion Control Systems CC has of yours.
You can contact Motion Control Systems CC or our Information Officer for further assistance, if required.
Via email at email@example.com or telephone at 0114503344.
PROTECTION OF CHILDRENS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Motion Control Systems CC is a general audience site and does not knowingly process any Personal Information from children on our public pages.
“Opting-out” in a legal sense means the same as it does in an everyday sense. To “Opt-Out” means you are choosing to no longer participate in something.
Opting out becomes significant in a legal sense when you develop a website or app that's legally required to provide a method of opting out to those who use your website or app.
An Opt-Out Policy that lets customers know that they have the ability and right to opt out of aspects of your website or app, as well as a clear and easy-to-follow method for actually opting out, are required by law in certain circumstances.
Motion Control Systems CC provides the following ways to "opt-out" from their Data Collection By an email request on our contact page.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Motion Control Systems CC reserves the right to amend, alter and terminate this Policy at any time.
Motion Control Systems CC welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact our Information Officer, Shaun Van Der Merwe, via our contact page.
Connect with us and let us discuss solutions to the challenges you are facing.